Billing and Customer Management
Running a WISP will be much easier if you use some software to manage the various parts of the business, such as these:
- Ticketing when customers call in with problems it’s helpful to be able to track the issue in one place. Ticketing systems help with this.
- Billing Dealing with billing can be a huge chore. A software suite can deal with automated billing, expired credit cards, late payments, etc.
- Network Management You need to know when your network is having problems, preferably before your customers call you. A network management suite can monitor your network and let you know when problems come up as well as help you understand where your network needs upgrades.
Here are some software platforms built specifically for WISPs that address each of these and other tasks all in one place:
- UCRM is a free software platform provided by Ubiquiti. Provides billing features like recurring invoicing and automated shut-off for late payments. It is not limited to Ubiquiti devices.
- Sonar is highly scalable and extensible via an API. Hosting is included in the cost of the service.
- Celerate An open source WISP management platform.
- Freeside An open source WISP management platform.
You can solve some of these with individual systems, such as these: