Billing and Customer Management
Running a WISP will be much easier if you use some software to manage the various parts of the business, such as these:
- Ticketing when customers call in with problems it’s helpful to be able to track the issue in one place. Ticketing systems help with this.
- Billing Dealing with billing can be a huge chore. A software suite can deal with automated billing, expired credit cards, late payments, etc.
- Network Management You need to know when your network is having problems, preferably before your customers call you. A network management suite can monitor your network and let you know when problems come up as well as help you understand where your network needs upgrades.
startyourownisp.com is brought to you by Outpost Plus.
Outpost Plus is the organization behind startyourownisp.com. We offer a full suite of consulting services to help public and private organizations improve the broadband connectivity in their communities. Contact us to discuss your project.
Here are some software platforms built specifically for WISPs that address each of these and other tasks all in one place:
- UCRM is a free software platform provided by Ubiquiti. Provides billing features like recurring invoicing and automated shut-off for late payments.
- Ready BOSS is an ISP subscriber experience platform built from scratch to help you deliver seamless, secure subscriber experience. Ready integrates with other systems in your stack to power subscriber interactions throughout the customer lifecycle, from finding, engaging, and signing up prospects in your territory, to self-service onboarding and your subscriber portal, all white-labeled to your brand. Ready BOSS is hardware-neutral, so you can use it for all subscribers on your network, regardless of which equipment you used to connect them.
- Sonar is highly scalable and extensible via an API. Hosting is included in the cost of the service.
- Swift Fox is a WISP management software suite that includes real-time network monitoring, automated billing, customer bandwidth tracking and provisioning, and call centre management. Also included are WISP-specific tools such as radio path profiles and frequency coordination features.
- Freeside An open source WISP management platform.
- cnMaestro Software platform provided by Cambium Networks
You can solve some of these tasks individually with systems such as these: